Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Canon EOS Rebel T3 having issues turning on please help

My Canon EOS Rebel T3 can turn on but if it gets turned off at any point after it will NOT turn back on unless left alone for hours. I do not think its the battery because it is fully charged. I am unsure if it is the SD card reader, I know it is not the SD card because it works in my computer. My father-in-law suggests it may need an updated firmware. I was going to try that but I do not see where I can do that, if at all possible. I have never dropped it, nor has it ever gotten wet. I am deeply crushed that it is having issues. If anyone has any idea or suggestions of what could be wrong I would greatly appreciate it. I bought it second hand so besides the year that I have owned it, I am unsure of how it was treated previously. I have photo shoots lined up, I need to fix this quick before it becomes worse. When I connect it to my computer via a cable it does not register (the computer can not find the camera).  She did not give me a CD to it. The camera just came with the body, the 18-55 len, the 55-250mm lens, a carrying case, a tripod, and a cleaning kit. Sorry this text is so sporadic, I am writing as I examing the camera. I brought it home later and now it wont turn on at all.

Who Me Too'd this topic