cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless print server recommendation - Canon LBP6670dn laser

Steelart99
Contributor

I want to set up a Canon LBP6670dn laser printer with a wireless connection.  I've had this printer for several years and have not used it.  When I purchased it, there was a 'method' of hooking it up to my network that never really worked.

Several years later, I'm looking for recommendations for a wireless print server or other method that would do this connectivity for me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Steelart99.

By connecting the printer to the wireless router, you will still be able to print from your wireless laptop, as long as it is connected to the same network as the printer.

If you are interested in a true wireless networking printer, please click the link below for our available LBP printer options:

Canon Online Store - imageCLASS LBP Printers

If you run into any issues with setting up the networking connection, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). Please make sure that you state "LBP6670dn" when prompted by the voice prompt to speak the model number.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi Steelart99! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

I'm running Window 8.1  (64-bit)

Greetings,

You have a printer and you like it, I understand.

Print server?  Not a good idea.

The only thing using one will give you is a headache.

The best thing you can do.  Buy a true network capable printer.  Life is too short.  Having to fiddle or constantly mess with a print server is not worth the time.  They are unreliable (all of them). 

I promise you this is sound advice.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hate to hear about the print server issues ... thought I'd found a solution.  Obviously I know nothing about print servers.

My other option (I think?), if I choose to keep trying to use this printer, is to simply move the dang printer close to my router and use a print cable connection.

Thank you for your input Rick

Hi Steelart99.

By connecting the printer to the wireless router, you will still be able to print from your wireless laptop, as long as it is connected to the same network as the printer.

If you are interested in a true wireless networking printer, please click the link below for our available LBP printer options:

Canon Online Store - imageCLASS LBP Printers

If you run into any issues with setting up the networking connection, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). Please make sure that you state "LBP6670dn" when prompted by the voice prompt to speak the model number.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements