cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the WPS button?

dmlarsen
Apprentice

Just got a Canon PIXMA MX432 and trying to set up.  It asks for me to push the WPS button, but can't find?  Hep?

134 REPLIES 134

Yepper!

I am taking my PIXIMA MX470 back to the store.  Nothing has worked.  I have tried for 4 hours with this printer.

I give up.  Cannon lost another sale.

Don't think they care.

If you can't get the wireless to work, you can always plug the printer directly into the computer with a USB cable.

Sherry, THANKS for your contribution. Maybe canon should take heed and provide clearer instructions. My husband and I worked on the set up of my new mx922 for over one hour. My hubby became frustrated and went to bed, but I couldn't give up. I visited this forum by chance and happily you were able to assist. ."Shame on you canon", I figured out the set up within 5 minutes of reading your post.
Thanks. Again.

Lukani, glad you succeeded!

You are welcomed. it is actually quite a good printer (except for being a major print-alcoholic) and maybe Canon will eventually hire some documentation "interpreters" to translate what their documentation writers produce. Until then...our posts here do help each other.

Another victory! Glad you succeeded.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post this thorough solution to a problem that was beginning to make me CRAZY!!!! Much appreciated!!!

If it was my post, your welcome.  I used to do some technical documentation QA.  Would be nice if Canon had some  documentation QA.

What's crazy is: I'm over 50, I got layed off my last position with 200 others, but because I'm over 50 I can't seem to get a job, I get interviews, but because I'm percieved as old and not able to learn new things ... well, if you are over 50 or even over 40 you know what I'm talking about.  It's illegal, but so far no one is doing anything about it.

I'm 59 - I understand all too well.....

Thanks, again!

They forget, our parents generation invented the computer.

Announcements