Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: where is the WPS button?

Sherry, you are my hero. I couldn't find a good answer until I saw yours! 

New Contributor

SIX YEARS later and this inexcusable BS is still going on.

Got rid of my Canon printer years ago, but still subscribe to this thread just to laugh at the company's everlasting stupidity.

New Contributor

OMG! A soul mate. I'm a retired tech in my 70's and YOU are so right! I appreciate your comments as well as the instructions. We need more WOMEN (not APPL techs) like us, writing instructions.

New Contributor

According to Canon: "WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a method that allows you to easily connect network devices to a secure wireless network." If you are like me and need to climb a stepladder to use this "easy" method take heart; you can use a standard setup method. Have your wi-fi password handy before you start. On my MX430 I followed the LAN setup proceedure but instead of running downstairs and climbing a ladder to hold in the button on the router, I let the printer search for about 10 seconds then pushed the stop button. The readout on the printer changed to standard setup and I just followed the directions from there. You can toggle between upper and lower case and numerals by pressing the star key. I would have never figured this out without the post from 2014, written by a smart lady named Sherry. Sherry, wherever you are, thank you!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Oh and AceAceAce, too! They also solved this five years ago.