cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using MG 5600 in vehicle.

sklwater
Apprentice

Is there no way for this unit to save the wifi security info of my aircard?  everytime I start up printer, I have to re-install the security code.  Obviously I don't want to keep printer running all day, but I use it 5 - 8 times a day.  If no solution, maybe someone knows of a unit that can store security info, so it will auto connect to network.

Thanks,

Alan

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

We cannot guarantee communication with the use of a mobile device such as an air card or hotspot.  A standard Wi-Fi router should be used in order to use the printer wirelessly.

If you continue to have difficulties, consider using a USB connection with your Windows or Mac OSX computer in order to print while on the road.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My whole purpose of this printer was to print from my tablet.  I'm not going to intsall a router in my van, to print invoices and I only turn on printer when I need it.  You are saying this printer is the wrong one for this type of application? Please let me know ASAP, so I can return it.  Thought there would be a work around.

Thanks,

Alan

Hello.

A standard Wi-Fi router would be needed in order to use the printer on a network.  

If you need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements