cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the specified ip address is already being used by other device

Warok
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm issuing problem while connecting my TS5150 to a particular computer. With this computer and the others I can ping the printer and nslookup request gives the correct name of the printer, wich is good.

But only with one particular PC, I cannot connect my printer to it. I ran the setup.exe and then the automatic search gives nothing, so I tried to specify what the IP is, but when I do so, I get the following error: "the specified ip address is already being used by other device canon drivers".

I tried the following things:

• Disable the firewall
  • Execute the setup.exe as admin
  • Disable the anti-virus
  • Rebooting both computer and printer (and access point)

Thanks for the help,

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you provide more information about the "particular computer", the one you refer to as "one particular PC"?

It's OS, type of wireless network adapter, etc? 

Does it have any antivirus installed besides windows security?

Is it possible that multiple failed installation attempts exist on this machine?  Maybe the network port or WSD entry for the device?

If one or more instances of the device are listed in Control Panel > Device and Printers, remove all of them.  If any software is installed, remove that as well.  Then restart.  Try installing again.  

Another option would be to change the printer's IP address.  Do this on whichever device is providing DHCP on your network.  My suggestion, limit the scope of your DHCP pool and reserve an IP for the printer which is above or below the pool of available addresses.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi,

First, thank for the reply.

The computer is a new freshly buyed windows 10 (up to date). I want to connect to the printer with a wireless connection.

I just have the default antivirus on my computer (so windows defender).

1. Is it possible that multiple failed installation attempts exist on this machine?  Maybe the network port or WSD entry for the device?==> Indeed I did multiple tries. Is there any link you could recommended me please?
  2. If one or more instances of the device are listed in Control Panel > Device and Printers, remove all of them.  If any software is installed, remove that as well.  Then restart.  Try installing again.  ==> no software or printers were installed.
  3. Another option would be to change the printer's IP address.  Do this on whichever device is providing DHCP on your network.  My suggestion, limit the scope of your DHCP pool and reserve an IP for the printer which is above or below the pool of available addresses.==> I will try that at last stand.

I come back later, when I'm done with you suggestion.

Regards,

Warok

Announcements