cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set the pc to start scanning error

jrb6994
Apprentice

I have  a MG7720 that is connected wirelessly to my laptop that runs on Window 10. It will not scan and I get a "set the pc to start scanning " error everytime I try to scan when hitting the start scan on the printer. It will not recognize my printer on the find computer ,it only has Local(usb). It is recognizing the printer as "Cannon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX". I have never had this problem in the 2yrs that I have been using it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi jrrb6994,

Let's see if you can initiate a scan from the computer.

1. Type "IJ Scan Utility" in the search box in the lower left of the screen.

2. Open IJ Scan Utility.

3. Press the "ScanGear" button.

4. Place your original.

5. Press "Preview."

6. If you are happy with the image, press "Scan" to complete the operation.

Are you able to acquire an image?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

BillS
Mentor

Hi jrrb6994,

Let's see if you can initiate a scan from the computer.

1. Type "IJ Scan Utility" in the search box in the lower left of the screen.

2. Open IJ Scan Utility.

3. Press the "ScanGear" button.

4. Place your original.

5. Press "Preview."

6. If you are happy with the image, press "Scan" to complete the operation.

Are you able to acquire an image?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thank you very much! It worked for me too!

The TS8120 prints wirelessly fine, but won't scan. I Followed those steps and the scanner began scanning. When it was at "47%", the ScanGear message "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons..." Tried again - same thing. What next?

That's no solution.

The topic starter scans initated from the Canon scanner, not from the PC.

I have the same issue as topic starter, when initiating the scan from PC it works but when scanning from Canon scnners/printer it shows the message " set PC to start scanning" .

Regards, 

JayJay

Hi JayJay,

What model Canon multifunction printer do you own?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?  If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your Canon multifunction printer wirelessly?    or with a USB cable?

Thanks for asking,  Patrick 

This was solved by reinstalling Canon printer driver on PC (Win 10)..

I own a Canon MG7720 printer, on wired LAN.

Good afternoon

When I hit Scan icon on my Canon MG7750 printer it states message "Set the PC to start scanning" I have absolutely no idea how to resolve this, please can someone kindly help me

Thanks

Simon 

my cannon MG7720 won't scan any more.  tells me to connect to my computer. Why and what to do?

jrb6994
Apprentice
Yes,it works now prompting from the computer. Thanks so much!!
Announcements