Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

"ports that cannot be used with their current settings"

Hi all,

So what does "There are ports that can not be used with their current settings" mean? Am attempting to connect to a Canon MG3500 series printer via wireless.

Regards,

Old Man

Reputable Contributor

Re: "ports that cannot be used with their current settings"

Hi!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

New Contributor

Windows 7

New Contributor

I've since tried a reinstall and the Canon printer does not seem to recognize my wireless network even after, as instructed, pressing the WPS button on my cable modem ...

I fear this printer is rapidly becoming a paper-weight

New Contributor

I started to get this message yesterday. I got it while trying to use my MG7120, gave up trying to make it work and bought a new MX492. I am running Windowa 10 on an ACER Aspire ES 15 and a D-Link router. I don't think the router is the problem as I linked directly from the printer to the MG7120 and it wouldn't print!

New Contributor

I obviously was very frustrated yesterday as my post is not very clear! Neither printer will work, and the older printer would not work when connected directly to my laptop, so I assume the problem is with the ports on my laptop. Why can't Canon anticipate problems like this and allow for it in their software?

Product Expert

Hi BaldingMike,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.