cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"another computer is using this printer"

jbquinn
Apprentice

mx 922 often says "another computer is using this printer" and won't print even when there is only one computer on.

Win 7

32 REPLIES 32

Just bought the mg 5650 and now find i am unable to use it both on pc and laptop as pc has no wifi and is connected via usg (AS DID MY PREVIOUS EPSON) the other devices in the house are via wifi. What a crap printer. I wish i knew this before purchase . Whatvthe hell are canon doing about this . this is stupid that it cannot work by usb AND wifi, Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am using windows 10 with Edge as the brouser. My printer was working fine until I connected my wife's computer to the network. She has an ACER, mine is an ASUS.

No other computers exist in our in house network. I am frustrated and need help!

mx492 what do I do

I;ve already stated my problem, solution please.

Junk the Canon and get an HP!

I have a new MG4250, very difficult to set up to print. I eventually thought I had made sufficient sense to get it set up via the USB link rather than by wifi and printed two documents. Now I am back to this message above and can't print again. How to I sort this out?

Raul
Apprentice

I have the same issue with a MG7520 model. It's very frustrating. I have issues printing wireless and with usb connected using my laptop. If I use my ipad to print wireless it works ok so far. I find it extremely frustrating since it affects my business. I need certain things printed out immediately but after a couple of hours of messing with it (reset, re-connecting to wifi, moving printer closer to my modem, reseting again, power off and powered back on. etc) is a waste of time. I bought this machine thinkning it was the better buy from an HP or kodak which were the previous ones I had (which I never had an issue with) but I'm regreting every bit of it.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There seem to be a general issue, it's obviously not something that is specific to one specific user like you try to suggest. Why taking the discussion off this forum and leave all of us without a solution? You put this forum to save yourself support load, and now you direct a user to further bother you, and leave all of us frustrated.

Announcements