cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"an error as occured" when using "scan to pc" over wifi

rickyaz
Contributor

I'm using the Imageclass mf4880dw with Windows 8.1 Surface Pro 2.   

I can get scanning to work when I select "remote" on the machine and start the scanning from the toolbox software.   

But I have no luck when using the "scan to pc" buttons.   

It always comes up with "an error has occured"   

The scanning never even starts.   

WIFI printing works great and the machine sees the name of my computer.    

I've reinstalled the software and disabled the firewall on my computer but that doesn't help.     

3 REPLIES 3

rickyaz
Contributor

So even when activating the scan from the computer it display a connection error but when I run the program as an adminstrator it works fine.   

How can I get this to work from the "scan to pc" button?   

I'm sorry but when I submit a review for this product, you guys are getting poor marks for this.  THIS IS SUCH A PAIN!!!

UPDATE:   

So when I use the Scan menu it pops up the below error message but with "scan to pc" button it just displays the error on the mf4880.   I have the toolbox installed so why is it displaying this message?   With both methods, no scan ever starts.     

canon scanner error.jpg

Danny

Hi, rickyaz!

Thanks for posting on our forum!  This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out.  They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements