cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing from phone app

frerejacques
Apprentice

Hi.  I'm trying to print from my phone, using the Canon app.  I'm getting the error message "cannot communicate with the printer".  Any ideas on what's wrong? 

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Frerejacques,

Welcome to the Canon Forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model printer you are using and Computer Operating System. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Hi.  It is the PIXMA MG3520. I'm trying to print from my iPhone 6 using the Canon app.

Hi frerejacques,

Please make sure that you see the WiFi symbol next to the carrier name in the upper left hand corner of your iPhone instead of 3G.  Next, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MG3520 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of plain paper.

3.  Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 15 times.

4.  Release the Stop button.

The PIXMA MG3520 will print the network information.

The Default Gateway address will be in this list.

Next, on your iPhone, open Safari and type in the Default Gateway address.

Were you able to access the Default Gateway?  If not, your iPhone is not operating on your network.

If you are able to access the Default Gateway, please look on the network information sheet that you printed out for the IP Address.

On your iPhone, open Safari and type in the IP Address of your PIXMA MG3520.

Were you able to access your PIXMA MG3520?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements