cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer says it is not connected with my mac

jklay
Apprentice

I just got a new MacAir and now have  Macos Big sur version 11.2.3.

I tried to add my old canon pixma mp610 to my printers list.    When I try to add it, and it sees it in the network (the same for both mac and printer) it says it cannot communicate with the printer now.   My other printer transferred fine from my old mac and works fine using same wifi network.  I have tried restarting the computer which doesn't help.  I can add the printer via direct connection through usb port and that works but is not helpful.

Please help. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Printer was released in 2008 and is approx 13 yrs old.  Hoping that it will continue to work forever is probably wishful thinking.

What I would try.  Assign the printer a static IP on my network.  Add it as an IP printer on my MAC.  See if/what works.  Without drivers you won't get the full functionality of the device.  

If it doesn't work, consider buying a new printer.  It not like it didn't deliver in value over the last decade.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements