Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

pixma mp 560 on pc w7- visible on network but user name/password requested, where do I find these

Pixma mp560 on pc w7, connected to network but although visible on network other linked computer is being asked for user name/password which I don't have. Tried ADMIN with serial number but no go. Any clues please?
Honored Contributor

Re: pixma mp 560 on pc w7- visible on network but user name/password requested, where do I find thes

Is it possible that the other computer has a UN/PW to prevent unauthorized changes to computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

Re: pixma mp 560 on pc w7- visible on network but user name/password requested, where do I find thes

You may be right John but I ain't changing anything
I read somewhere that with specified models the default Un is ADMIN and pw s canon.
On others the pw is the serial number.
Tried those, don't work.
The Mac sees the printer ok on network and goes through the motions right up to this Un/pw request
Honored Contributor

If one computer connects to the printer without a UN or PW then it is most likely that the printer isn't asking for the info from a different computer.

Are you in the main account or the guest account of the Mac?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic