cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one computer can find the mx922 but not the other on the same network

varuuth
Contributor

I installed the drivers on my tower computer and on the laptop and everything was working fine. Today I went to print from the laptop and it says the printer is not responding. I went to the tower and the tower can print just fine.  So I know the printer is working and talking to the network.  

The laptop is obviously the issue.

I didn't uninstall the drives from windows 7 (on the laptop)  but I did go the printers and devices screen.  I then removed the printer from that screen and told it to search for any new printers on  the network.  It says it can't find any.  The laptop can see my tower computer on the network so I know that the network settings should be ok.  

I am not sure where to go from here. 

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This did not solve the problem.

Here is what did finally solve the problem.

I shut down both the tower computers and turned off the printer.

Then pulled the power from the router. I left the cable modem plugged in.

Then I booted up the router, once that was fully booted up. Then I powered up the tower and the laptop.

Now I went into the router and looked at what devices were online and just looked at the info button on them.  I didn't make any changes.  Then exited.  

For some reason the printer suddenly showed up on the laptop.  Not sure why though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

varuuth
Contributor

forgot to add. 

when i go to either computer i can click on my computer and go to network and the other computer shows up there. so i would say it is safe to assume that both computers are on the same network.

also i tried to download and install the drivers from usa.canon.com and when i download the drivers to the laptop and run the file. it says "connect the printer to the network" ..

Hi varuuth,

Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Put the PIXMA MX922's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it. 

2.  Click on Start and then Run.  If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:

2-1.  Click Start.

2-2.  Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.

2-3.  Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.

2-4.  In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.

2-5.  Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.

2-6.  Click OK in the Properties window.

3.  Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

4.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM. 

5.  Double click the folder named WIN.

6.  Double click the folder named Driver.

7.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

8.  Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64.

9.  In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.

Once complete, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Run.

2.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM. 

3.  Double click the folder named WIN.

4.  Double click the folder named Driver.

5.  Double click the folder named LAN.

6.  Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe

7.  In the Run box click ok.

8.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

9.  Once complete, restart the computer.

To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1.  Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MX922.  The setup program will start automatically.

2.  If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.

3.  Click on Easy Install.

4.  When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install and then "Use the printer with wireless LAN connection" and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

For additional assistance, the guide can be viewed by following this link:

http://downloads.canon.com/html/wireless/modules/14slw-ww/14slw-ww-0010-000/14slw-ww-0010-000.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not solve the problem.

Here is what did finally solve the problem.

I shut down both the tower computers and turned off the printer.

Then pulled the power from the router. I left the cable modem plugged in.

Then I booted up the router, once that was fully booted up. Then I powered up the tower and the laptop.

Now I went into the router and looked at what devices were online and just looked at the info button on them.  I didn't make any changes.  Then exited.  

For some reason the printer suddenly showed up on the laptop.  Not sure why though.

I also have 2 computer on the same hardwired LAN network. A win10 continually sees and can print to the MX922.

The Win7 looses the printer with every reboot. The printer icon is grayed out in Control Panel/Printers. If I reInstall the software it works until the next power down. Any ideas? ( I rebooted the Gateway followed by both computers)

Announcements