cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new router for IR3230 - can scan but not print

astelter
Apprentice

We got a new router in our office and now I can't seem to get the ir3230 to print for any of our computers (Windows XP, 7 or 8).  The copier can scan to email so clearly it has access to the internet.  I've updated TCP/IP port on the computers to the new IPv4 address that was assigned to the copier (I turned on DHCP to get an IP address, turned it off and on, let it get it's IP address, then turned DHCP back off so it won't change again).  I can ping my computer from the copier and I can ping the copier from my computer.  It is unlikely to be a driver issue since the driver worked just fine yesterday before the router was changed.  Previously the printer would only work on one of the wireless connections, but not the other (if the computer was switched to the "Guest" wi-fi it would not print).  The new router again has 2 wi-fi connections, and I have tried printing from both, but neither work.  When I print a test page, the status is "Error - Printing" and the port is correct.  What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi astelter!

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements