cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Pixma 452 won't connect through WPS or manual input to my internet network

ilikemud91
Apprentice

I just got new Wifi and I really need to use my printer!! I've watched the videos and all that and it's been installed on my computer for years. the problem is, my printer will not connect to my wifi. I do it the WPS way and then it times out on the printer. so then I search the list of networks that it finds and my network does not pop up on there. so i enter it manually and it tells me access point is not found. yes i know it's case sensitive, i've already made triple sure of that. I cant figure out what else to do. 

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

It may be possible that your router is operating on the 5.0 GHz frequency band.  Our printers are only able to connect to 2.4GHz networks.  Check the settings for your new router to see which band it is on.  Also, check to see if the SSID or network name is being broadcasted.  

If you continue to have difficulties or need additional assistance with this matter, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Should I just redownload my printer from the disc on to my laptop again? Because I dont want to switch my wifi down to 2.4 ghz everytime i want to print. 

Hi ilikemud91,

Reinstalling the driver would not get your PIXMA MX452 to connect wirelessly.  The reason why it does not connect is because your router is broadcasting at 5GHz.  Changing to 2.4GHZ will resolve this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My router is broadcasting at 2.4 GHz and it does not connect.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements