08-14-2019 03:40 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! After 2 days fully spent on trying to get my new computer to talk to this **bleep** printer, your information did the trick!!!
Canon apparnetly doesn't know anything about their own product.
02-04-2020 10:02 PM
I have a MX922 and I"m using Windows 10. I'm frustrated that my printer won't print. I've downloaded both drivers to no avail. My laptop is new and I need my printer to work. There are no other computers trying to print. I've also tried many of the suggestions in this thread and I've restarted both the printer and my laptop several times.
02-05-2020 04:06 PM - edited 02-05-2020 04:07 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MX920 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MX920's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon MX920 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.
09-03-2020 11:14 AM
Hello, it is September 2020 - is there a permanent fix to this issue yet? From the previous forum posts I gather that re-installing the drivers and rebooting your computer only temporarily fixes the issue until the next time it strikes.
Reinstalling drivers and rebooting is a pretty disruptive workaround for a firmware issue.
09-03-2020 12:17 PM