cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 often says "another computer is using this printer" and won't print.

pboehm
Apprentice

55 REPLIES 55

Danny

Hi, pboehm!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm having a similar problem.  Just got my Canon MX922 this week, so I'm very much a newbee.  It worked fine yesterday, there are no print jobs in the queue, and I'm running Windows 8.  The printer is running wireless from my router and there is no other computer in the household that has tried to print to it.  The exact error message that comes up when I try to print is:  

Another computer is using the printer.
The following status is the usage status of that computer.
---
Creating print data.

Help!

Hi joni1024,

The most common way to resolve this error is to uninstall the printer and then reinstall the drivers from our website.  The drivers for your printer can be found here: Support and Drivers Page for PIXMA MX922.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i have just bought a mg6320 and installed it using the disc that came with it... it is on a wireless connection and when i try to print anything i get 

---
Creating print data.

i have restarted the printer and cleared the que 

im fustrated what to do next

i am running windows 8 

j

fixed it  my computer made a second printer and i just had to switch to the other one with identical name

all good now

Dreamstalker, what do you mean that "my computer made a second printer".    -Bob

I read several posts that suggested this happened after a "low ink" warning and that was also true in my case. Having changed the ink, the first laptop still refused to print, giving the message:

---
Creating print data.

Then I tried from another computer and got the same message. My printer is a MG6300. PCs are running Windows 7. No recent updates to the print drivers, as far as I can tell (on 2.6.2.40 on both PCs).

In the same way that I wouldn't knock my house down to fix a leaking pipe, I don't believe uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers/Windows etc. is the right answer here.

MX922 - yes, I have the same problem.

Had a Canon PIXMA MP780 for years, what an excellent workhorse it was.  it just went on and on and on until the ink overflow wouldn't hold any more.

I was excited to buy the wifi Canon MX922.  It works awesome, and then it doesn't.  

I wish I knew why it starts working again so I didn't get so frustrated when it goes down.

It does seems to happen after I change an ink cartridge.

"Another computer is using this computer" - so, so frustrating and it seems like this problem has been around for a year or two and Canon is no closer now to fixing the problem 😞

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 20 times.  I need another solution.

Announcements