cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 often says "another computer is using this printer" and won't print.

pboehm
Apprentice

55 REPLIES 55

DavidLaidig
Apprentice

Open properties for the printer, click on ports, unclick WSD and click on CNBJNB. Make sure that you are selecting the printer not fax.

Open properties for the printer, click on ports, unclick WSD and click on CNBJNB. Make sure that you are selecting the printer not fax. 

^ Many thanks for the suggestion in post #40, by DavidLaidig. I'm not sure how to quote/link it.! And I'm suprised there's not more kudos, everyone's given up??

I've been pulling my hair out on this, with my Canon Pro 100. Worked, well for one print now...

Could the moderators please look into this suggestion, test it, comment, maybe issue an updated driver that fixes this?

bkuepper
Apprentice

I restarted the Print Spooler and it fixed the issue.  My Cyan ink shows its low currently, and this only happens on my Windows 10 computer.

Control Panel > Systems & Security > Administrative Tools > Services.  Then scroll down to Print Spooler.  Right Click it and choose Restart.

Print job that was waiting started printing as soon as the restart was complete.

I'm wondering if there is a newer firmware to fix this issue, I'm not buying the re-install the drivers bit...this happened on a brand new computer where I installed the drivers the day before and it never has printed normally without this issue.  I un-plugged it previously to get it to print, restarting the services is easier.

~b

ryevick
Contributor

I have owned the Canon PIXMA MX922 for over a year now and it has been the hugest pain of any printer I have ever owned. The biggest problems are with just keeping it on the Wi-Fi network at home (I won't get into colored ink being used just as fast as black in black print only mode). I have EVERYTHING on my network without issues (TV, Phones, Roku, PC, Laptops, 2 BluRay Players and an X-Box). I work on the road a lot and when I come home I always have to reinstall the printer. I'm am especially aggrivatted today because it just won't connect.

The first red flag is usally this "Another computer is using the printer. The following status is the usage status of that computer.
--- Creating print data." message. I uninstall the printer from my laptop, then the drivers. Turn off the printer, download the drivers, reboot my laptop and reinstall. But now the software doesn't see the printer on the network.

Windows 10 64

ryevick,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

htranphoto
Apprentice

Solution for MX922 Series:

Make sure you cancel all pending printing jobs.

On the printer:

1. Press Menu

2. Choose Set Up

3. Choose Device Setting

4. Choose LAN Setting

5. Choose Other Settings

6. Choose WSD Setting

7. Choose Timeout Setting

8. Choose 10 minutes

That should solve your problems. Trust me, this drove me nuts for months. and you are welcome 🙂

@htranphoto wrote:

Solution for MX922 Series:

Make sure you cancel all pending printing jobs.

On the printer:

1. Press Menu

2. Choose Set Up

3. Choose Device Setting

4. Choose LAN Setting

5. Choose Other Settings

6. Choose WSD Setting

7. Choose Timeout Setting

8. Choose 10 minutes

That should solve your problems. Trust me, this drove me nuts for months. and you are welcome 🙂

Thanks!  I've been struggling with this issue for months.

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! IT WORKED!!

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!!!!  After 2 days fully spent on trying to get my new computer to talk to this **bleep** printer, your information did the trick!!!

Canon apparnetly doesn't know anything about their own product.

Baracuda
Apprentice

In the printer que go to printer, click on properties then ports. Verify your port is USB001 virtual port for MX922 not the port labeled WSD Canon MX922 series Printer WS, Canon MX922.

Announcements