cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 not working because of new router

worrier60
Apprentice

I just had to replace my router/modem and now my mx922 printer won't print.  It can't seem to find the router, but it also won't print using the usb.

6 REPLIES 6

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello worrier60!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am running windows 7 on an hp laptop.  The router is a gateway.  Everything worked fine until they connected the new router.  At first I could print 1 page and then it would say printer not responding.  I plugged it in with usb and it printed for a while and then kept saying printer is offline.  I don't know if I should totally uninstall the software and start new or not.  I have already reinstalled several times, and it still won't print.  I've seen that you tell people to click the menu and then settings.  My mx922 doesn't have a settings item.  I don't know where to go from here.  Any help will be appreciated.

I am running Windows 10 and my router is a EERO.

Hi woodyw,

I recommend trying the standard setup method to connect the printer to your new router. Please click HERE for the steps. If the printer connects to your network the computer cant detect it, please let us know and we will be happy to further troubleshoot the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

ok2play
Apprentice

I am also having the same issue after I switched Internet providers and had to get a new Motorola modem and D-link router.  When I try to print I get a "Printer Not Responding" error message.  

The printer has no problem connecting to the new wireless network but my HP desktop (Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit) can't detect the printer.  I've all ready tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the software and drivers but that didn't help.   I even enabled and disabled LAN DRX settings.  

The funny thing is my documents will print when I restart my computer and didn't cancel the printing job before restarting.  Turning the printer on and off again while a print job is waiting to be printed doesn't work.  

Announcements