cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 860 and MacBook Air

Nettie33
Apprentice

I just purchased a mac book air (macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6.  I have cannon mx 860 printer that has been on my wireless network with dell computer( windows 10).  I can not get macbook air to pick up printer.  When go to prefences for printer there is nothing listed.  I look on canon website and not sure the macbook air and mx 860 are compatibile??   It says something about no driver to get but may not need driver but then how do I connect macbook and printer on wireless network?  any help would be great.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I think support for your printer ended with macOS 10.10 - Yosemite.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

So what can I do?  I don’t want to have to buy a new printer.  There is nothing wrong with this one.  There has got to be a way to connect.

I think you will have to get a new printer. 

If if you buy a new car and you find that your old snow tires what do you need to do?

You can probably get a newer, better printer complete with ink for about the price of a set of replacement ink for your existing printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi Nettie33,

You can try downloading and installing the Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite versions of the drivers and software from the Canon USA website here to see if this will allow the printer to work with your operating system so that you can print and scan using MP Navigator. 

You will want to download and install the CUPS, Scanner and ICA Drivers from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the MP Navigator Opener and MP Navigator EX files from the SOFTWARE section of the page.  If using the printer wirelessly, please also download the Canon IJ Network Tool from the SOFTWARE section of the page. 

Prior to downloading the drivers, please ensure that the OS X Yosemite v10.10 operating system is selected in the "Operating System" field on the page so that drivers for that operating system are displayed.  Please also install the items in the order listed above.

If it does work, there may be some limitations which are unknown to Canon. If the older software does not work, you do qualify for our Upgrade program.

This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements