10-13-2014 11:26 PM
I hope this helps OFC you should have the drivers installed but using this ALWAYS works with mine.
07-03-2015 02:45 AM
If you have a wps router,,,button on top of router. Hold down that button until it starts to blink...then hold down maintenance button on printer for five seconds...blue wifi light on printer will began to blink...when it stops and there no errror on the screen printer will be now on the network. Had this problem also...until I read the manual pg 42...i be;ieve...enjoy...have this printer set up on three devices now...works fine!
07-13-2015 01:47 PM
03-28-2016 09:53 AM
For the search engines, I have successfully added the MP495 to Mac OS X without the setup CD.
1. Factory reset your printer by pressing the Maintenance buttong until you see the letter tee 't'. Then press the Black and Color buttons at the same time.
2. Download Network Tools and CUPS printer drivers on the Drivers/Software page under Recommended, and Software:
3. Reboot your Mac, turn off Printer, Do not plug in the USB cable.
4. Turn on your Mac, turn on your Printer, wait until the Wifi light turns blue.
5. In Applications, Canon Utilities, start the Network Tool, Select Setup from the Pulldown Menu in the top left, and click Update until you see your printer, It will go through the process of adding your Printer to your Wifi Network. It will tell you to turn your printer off and move it to to it's home, and turn it back on to complete the process.
6. Wipe hands on pants, print a test page.
05-29-2016 08:20 PM
Hello! I had to change my router and network settings and now cannot use MP495 wirelessly. I'm on Windows 10, and I've not seen instructions particularly for Windows 10. Will appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
12-06-2016 02:09 PM
Please press the Maintenance button on your PIXMA MP495 until the letter 't' appears and then press the Black Start button. This will reset the network settings on your PIXMA MP495.
To install your PIXMA MP495 for use over your network wirelessly with your Windows 10 computer, please follow these steps:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MP495 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.
3. On the Drivers & Downloads page, under Recommended, please click the Select button next to the MP495 series MP Driver.
4. Click the Download button.
5. If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
6. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
7. Double click [mp68-win-mp495-1_03-ejs.exe] to begin installation.
Follow the prompts and installation will complete.
To view the installation process, please use the following link: