juliejulie
Apprentice

23 REPLIES 23

I have Windows 8. Can you help me?

i need but wifi in my canon mp495

macbookair

HectorOlivero
Apprentice

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/PIXMA_Printer_Wireless_Connection_Setup/MP495_Print...

I hope this helps 🙂 OFC you should have the drivers installed but using this ALWAYS works with mine. 

Jsassu20
Apprentice
There's actually a much easier way to connect to wifi. I've had this printer for years and bever knew about this method! You'll still have to install the appropriate drivers for the device. Mac loads it automatically and I'm sure windows has a driver for it already. The other software is for pictures and managing and monitoring ink levels. All you need to do turn it off then back on, wait for the number 1 to appear, press and hold maintenance for 5second until the screen changes to a moving pattern, then press "fit to page", the wifi symbol on the printer should now start blinking.... All you have to do next is find your modem and press the "wps"button within 90 seconds after the previous step. The wifi symbol with turn solid blue meaning the connection was successful. You have to have a modem with a wps butto (almost all of them do unless you've had your provider for years and never upgraded. And you're done! Check the screen on the printer for any errors. It will give you a code if there's an issue. Take the code and search it on google.If you do not have a wps modem then you will need to set everything up using a USB cable. Hope this helps! I'm mad I didn't know this before. It would've saved me a lot of time!

Jsassu20
Apprentice
Sorry, I didn't see that you already explained this.

jrro
Apprentice

Hello.

I bought a macBook Pro with Yosemite 10.10.5 OS.  I can't setup my Pixma MP495 wirelessly.  I don't have the installation CD.

Can you help?

syspimp
Apprentice

Success!

For the search engines, I have successfully added the MP495 to Mac OS X without the setup CD.

1. Factory reset your printer by pressing the Maintenance buttong until you see the letter tee 't'. Then press the Black and Color buttons at the same time.

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mp495_print...

2. Download Network Tools and CUPS printer drivers on the Drivers/Software page under Recommended, and Software:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp...

3. Reboot your Mac, turn off Printer, Do not plug in the USB cable.

4. Turn on your Mac, turn on your Printer, wait until the Wifi light turns blue.

5. In Applications, Canon Utilities, start the Network Tool, Select Setup from the Pulldown Menu in the top left, and click Update until you see your printer, It will go through the process of adding your Printer to your Wifi Network. It will tell you to turn your printer off and move it to to it's home, and turn it back on to complete the process.

6. Wipe hands on pants, print a test page.

Tin2
Apprentice

Hello!  I had to change my router and network settings and now cannot use MP495 wirelessly.  I'm on Windows 10, and I've not seen instructions particularly for Windows 10.  Will appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks.

Pmball
Apprentice
I have windows 10
Announcements