cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg6460 printer wont let me set ip adress

narufry
Apprentice

I have been trying for days now to set up my printer for wireless.
according to the printer it is connected to my network, but my computer canot find the printer.
i did some googling and found out that i needed to set an ip for my printer.
i found the menu option and input an ip and all of the other information it needed, and for some reason it wont save or assign it to the printer.
the printer still says that it has no ip adress.
im getting very frustrated about this.
ive tried the automatic setup and ive tried setting it up through the usb cable.
i tried just putting in the ip adress i tried to assign it and trying to connect it to my computer that way. it's not working.
nothing seems to be working....
the printer doesnt have an ip adress and i cant seem to set it.
i went to the shop i bought it from and i was informed that the automatic wireless setup process usually doesnt work and that id need to do it manually. i followed the instructions i was gien and everything went smoothly until my printer refused to set itself an ip adress.
help would be much appreciated as i am beginning to get quite frustrated and stressed about the situation.
Smiley Mad

2 REPLIES 2

dpiggott
Apprentice

Hi narufry

Did you have any luck with this? I have the same issue. Connects to my wireless but no IP assigned. Also tried assigning one manually but still no good.

Thanks

Dave

No luck yet, we've just grown accustomed to lugging our laptops down the hall or lugging the actual printer to our desktops every time we need to print something...

Announcements