cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg5320 will not work on new netgear router/modem c7000/nighthawk ac1900

lmdlinda
Contributor

this is an older printer and worked fine on my 3 year old router/modem

installed new router/modem and everything else attached EASILY...

mg5320 will sync on wireless lan, i can see the IP on the modem/router page, but cannot ping it from my computer that is on the same network???

also tried using a usb cable from mg5320 to router/modem and it still cannot see it...

i know printer is old (8 yrs) but wasn't planning on replacing it right now- it still works fine...

any help i can get will be appreciated!!!  i've already had netgear and microsoft review this...

canon will not review unless i pay them????????????????????   not even to tell me if the mg5320 is compatible with the new modem/router!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (this to me is ridiculous if they want me to ever buy another canon???)

thanks again!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings,

Glad I could help.  Your printer only has a 2.4Ghz radio, and can only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.

Ensure your SSID names are different to keep broadcasts separate.  The C7000 is a dual band device and does not support "SMART Connect" (One SSID name for both broadcasts).

Now that the printer is connected, I recommed one last step.  See page 63 of your C7000 user guide. Reserve an IP addres for your printer. 

Why this is important.  The DHCP server on the C7000 has a pool of IP addresses it hands out to devices requesting connection on your network. IP's are "leased' unless reserved or set static.  If the printer (or any device) connected goes to sleep or is turned off for an extended period of time, the C7000 may deem the device is no longer connected to the network and reclaim the IP address it assigned previously.  The IP is returned to the pool of available addresses.

When the printer is used again, turned on, woken from sleeep etc, it will querey the router for an IP address.  If another device has been given the address the printer had previously (what your computer thinks is the IP) your print job will fail.  Reserving the IP for the printer on your LAN ensures this situation won't happen.  This premise can be used for any device connecting to your network, not only a printer. 

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings.

I doubt this is an issue with your Canon product.

What OS are you running (assume windows)?

Do you have any 3rd party andti-virus software installed?

Are you using NetGear Armour (Bit Defender)?

So you are runing a C7000 and have your MG5320 connected to the 2.4GHz wireless LAN.  In the the routers GUI review "Attached Devices" and verify the printers IP Address.

What is it?

What is the IP of your PC?

What happens if you open another browser tab and type in the IP of the printer?  Does it's webserver display?

I believe its fair to say I have a good amount of experience with Netgear products. Man Wink

profile.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thanks for the response!!!

correct on running c7000, trying to attach mg5320...  surface book 2 is windows 10

no netgear or 3rd party virus protector

ok i reconnected  printer to netgear from scratch and it found the 2.4 network this time (last time i had to disable the 5g network broadcast)...

printer ip 192.168.0.21 (yesterday it was coming up with 10.0.0.12 and not a 192 ip), surface book 2 ip 192.168.0.22 

printer shows when i go to print but when i print it is saying 'printer not responding'

note:  i had to manually add printer, it did not detect it on the network...   location i used 192.168.0.21- wasn't sure what to put for port so put 192.168.0.21?  is that right or should it be LPR1 maybe?

browser does see it!!!! i can move around on the canon mg5320 GUI...  i can ping it as well (could not ping when it was 10.0.0.12 yesterday)

on surface book 2 printer information is this:

Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{370290F6-C195-427E-A005-512F018E03F0} was configured.

Driver Name: printqueue.inf
Class Guid: {1ed2bbf9-11f0-4084-b21f-ad83a8e6dcdc}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.17763.1
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: NO_DRV_LOCAL
Driver Rank: 0x1
Matching Device Id: PRINTENUM\LocalPrintQueue
Outranked Drivers: oem106.inf:usbprint\canonmg5300_series98e7:00FF0002 oem28.inf:usbprint\canonmg5300_series98e7:00FF0002 oem77.inf:canonmg5300_series98e7:00FF0003 c_swdevice.inf:SWD\GenericRaw:00FF3001
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: SWD\PRINTENUM\PrintQueues

again thanks so much!  this is so crazy but then maybe i'm just missing a very simple thing???

ciao!

Greetings,

Glad I could help.  Your printer only has a 2.4Ghz radio, and can only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.

Ensure your SSID names are different to keep broadcasts separate.  The C7000 is a dual band device and does not support "SMART Connect" (One SSID name for both broadcasts).

Now that the printer is connected, I recommed one last step.  See page 63 of your C7000 user guide. Reserve an IP addres for your printer. 

Why this is important.  The DHCP server on the C7000 has a pool of IP addresses it hands out to devices requesting connection on your network. IP's are "leased' unless reserved or set static.  If the printer (or any device) connected goes to sleep or is turned off for an extended period of time, the C7000 may deem the device is no longer connected to the network and reclaim the IP address it assigned previously.  The IP is returned to the pool of available addresses.

When the printer is used again, turned on, woken from sleeep etc, it will querey the router for an IP address.  If another device has been given the address the printer had previously (what your computer thinks is the IP) your print job will fail.  Reserving the IP for the printer on your LAN ensures this situation won't happen.  This premise can be used for any device connecting to your network, not only a printer. 

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

"I PRINTED A PAGE ON MY STUPID PRINTER"    lol

thank you so much...  end result was that there was an ivp4 firewall that i had to disable...don't like having it disabled???  but that made all the difference

had to 'play' with resetting up, getting rid of queues that were weird because of partial setups and crap like that but it's WORKING!

thank you so very very very much!!!!   it's so appreciated as it saved me from replacing the printer...

danke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

added note:  i was able to turn on firewall again after installation and it still prints...  so all is good!  ty ty ty!

lmdlinda
Contributor
fyi... I did setup a fixed iPad for the printer as you suggested as well

lmdlinda
Contributor
that would be ip, not ipad... **bleep** autocorrect... lol
Announcements