cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lbp6030w - Network Configuration without CDROM on Windows 10??

jrparris
Apprentice

Hi Board!

I have this new printer - the LBP3060w, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it on the wifi.  

The only computer I have is a zenbook (Windows 10 x64, no CD ROM).  Everything else is a tablet or phone.  

There are only network tool downloads available for MAC and Linux.  What about Windows?

Am I stuck?  Do I need to go buy an external CDROM, or return this thing, or what?  I can't believe it's not available for download.  

Any ideas?  

Thanks!

JR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jrparris,

When using your imageCLASS LBP6030w with a Windows operating system, the Network Setting Tool is included in the printer driver download.  To setup your LBP6030w on your wireless network, please follow the steps below to download and install drivers and software for your printer.

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for the LBP6030w.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.

3.  Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Recommended Downloads section. 

4.  Click on the SELECT button next to LBP6030w Printer Driver Ver.21.10 to download the drivers.

5.  After clicking the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

6.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

7.  Open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.

8.  You will see two icons with the name: LBP6030_V2110_W32_us_EN_2 or LBP6030_V2110_W64_us_EN_2.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

9.  Double click on [Network_Setting_Tool] then double click on [CNAN1STK.exe] to start the Network Setting Tool.

10.  If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click [YES] or [CONTINUE].

11.  Select the [Wireless LAN Connection] radio button, and then click [NEXT].

12.  Select the [Yes, I want to configure network settings] radio button, and then click [Next].

13.  Select the [Easy Setup] radio button, and then click [Next].

14.  Select [My wireless LAN access point does not have a WPS button or I cannot find the button], and then click [Next].

15.  Follow the instructions on the screen, and then click [Next].

16.  When a list of wireless networks appears, select your wireless network, and then click [Next].

17.  If your computer is already connected to the same wireless network as the printer, you do not have to enter your network key. If your computer is not connected to the same wireless network as the printer, enter the Network Key in the blank field, and then click [Next].

18.  Disconnect the USB cable from your printer, and then click [Next].

19.  Click [Exit] to exit the Network Setup Tool.

Now, to install the drivers:

1.  Open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.

2.  You will see two icons with the name: LBP6030_V2110_W32_us_EN_2 or LBP6030_V2110_W64_us_EN_2.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

3.  Double-click on UFRII to open the folder.

4.  Double-click on us_eng to open the folder.

5.  Double-click on 32bit or x64 to open the folder.

6.  In the folder you will see two listings for Setup.  Double-click on the Setup that has the type as 'Application'.

7.  The 'UFRII LT Printer Driver Wizard' will open.  Proceed through the on-screen steps.

8.  Select [Standard] to search for the printer on your network and install.

9.  Select your LBP6030w printer from the Printer List, and then click [Add].

10.  Once the printer appears in the Printer List for Driver Installation, click [Next].

11.  Click [Start] to install the driver.  Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the drivers.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jrparris,

When using your imageCLASS LBP6030w with a Windows operating system, the Network Setting Tool is included in the printer driver download.  To setup your LBP6030w on your wireless network, please follow the steps below to download and install drivers and software for your printer.

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for the LBP6030w.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.

3.  Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Recommended Downloads section. 

4.  Click on the SELECT button next to LBP6030w Printer Driver Ver.21.10 to download the drivers.

5.  After clicking the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

6.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

7.  Open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.

8.  You will see two icons with the name: LBP6030_V2110_W32_us_EN_2 or LBP6030_V2110_W64_us_EN_2.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

9.  Double click on [Network_Setting_Tool] then double click on [CNAN1STK.exe] to start the Network Setting Tool.

10.  If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click [YES] or [CONTINUE].

11.  Select the [Wireless LAN Connection] radio button, and then click [NEXT].

12.  Select the [Yes, I want to configure network settings] radio button, and then click [Next].

13.  Select the [Easy Setup] radio button, and then click [Next].

14.  Select [My wireless LAN access point does not have a WPS button or I cannot find the button], and then click [Next].

15.  Follow the instructions on the screen, and then click [Next].

16.  When a list of wireless networks appears, select your wireless network, and then click [Next].

17.  If your computer is already connected to the same wireless network as the printer, you do not have to enter your network key. If your computer is not connected to the same wireless network as the printer, enter the Network Key in the blank field, and then click [Next].

18.  Disconnect the USB cable from your printer, and then click [Next].

19.  Click [Exit] to exit the Network Setup Tool.

Now, to install the drivers:

1.  Open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.

2.  You will see two icons with the name: LBP6030_V2110_W32_us_EN_2 or LBP6030_V2110_W64_us_EN_2.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

3.  Double-click on UFRII to open the folder.

4.  Double-click on us_eng to open the folder.

5.  Double-click on 32bit or x64 to open the folder.

6.  In the folder you will see two listings for Setup.  Double-click on the Setup that has the type as 'Application'.

7.  The 'UFRII LT Printer Driver Wizard' will open.  Proceed through the on-screen steps.

8.  Select [Standard] to search for the printer on your network and install.

9.  Select your LBP6030w printer from the Printer List, and then click [Add].

10.  Once the printer appears in the Printer List for Driver Installation, click [Next].

11.  Click [Start] to install the driver.  Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the drivers.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements