cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just got a canon printer MG6320 with WiFi

jav72084
Apprentice

My mother has a Chrome book and I was wondering if there is a way to tie it in with the WiFi, because as you know it does not have a CD-Drive.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jav72084,

You can use your PIXMA MG6320 with your Chromebook using Google Cloud Print.  To setup your Chrombook for use with Google Cloud Print, please follow these steps:

1.  Flick the Home screen, then tap Web service.

2.  Tap Web service setup.

3.  Tap Cloud settings.

4.  Tap Google Cloud Print setup.

5.  Tap Register with Google Cloud Print.

6.  At the following message, tap Yes.

7.  Tap Next.

8.  Tap the desired language.

9.  At the following prompt, load plain paper in the cassette and tap [OK].  The authentication URL will print.

10.  Ensure that the authentication URL is printed, then tap Yes.

11.  Make sure that the message indicating that the authentication process is being done is displayed.

12.  Perform the authentication process using the web browser on your Chromebook and perform the authentication process following the on-screen instructions.

13.  When the message that the registration is complete is displayed on the LCD of the machine, tap OK.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick. I have this same model printer, the MG6320, and I am trying to set it up with my chromebook for use with Google Cloud Print. I followed every step you wrote here but when I get to the authentication process to print the authentication URL, I press "ok" and then I get an error message saying, "Cannot connect to the server. Please wait a while and try again." I've already connected the printer to my wifi at home. I don't know why i'm getting this error message. If you can, please get back to me and help fix this issue.

Hi chromebook-user,

Please try updating the firmware of your PIXMA MG6320:

This procedure is used to the printer's .

Important: The following items are required to successfully the printer's .

• Computer on which the printer driver is installed.
    • Windows Versions: Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista (32 bit / 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit / 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit / 64 bit)
    • Mac Versions: Mac OS X 10.5.8, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Mac OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.8
  • Printer that you are using
  • USB cable
  • Printer Utility

1. Ensure the printer driver is installed on a computer.

2. Go to:

3. http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6320#D...

4. On the Drivers & Software page, select your computer’s operating system and OS version from the drop-down menus.

5. Click the arrow beside to expand this section.

6. Click on the description’s title.

• For Windows, the title is Printer (Windows) for MG6300 series Ver.1.1

• For Mac OS X, the title is Printer (Macintosh) for MG6300 series Ver.1.1

7. On the next screen, read the license agreement, click I Agree - Begin Download and save the file to your computer’s hard drive.

Note: Do not select the Run option

8. Once the file has downloaded Expand the download file.

• On a Windows computer, double-click the downloaded exe file to decompress it. A folder, fuu_-win-mg6300-1_1-ea7, will be created. Double-click the folder to open it.

• On a Mac OS X computer, click the downloaded mfuu-mac-mg6300-1_1-ea7.dmg and the Printer folder will open.

9. Ensure the printer is not printing or scanning.

10. Power off and back on the printer by pressing the ON button.

11. Connect the computer and the printer by using a USB cable.

Note
    • If a LAN cable or a USB cable for camera connection is connected, disconnect those cables.

• For models with card slots, remove all the cards if they are inserted in the card slots.

12. Double-click  (Printer ) to start the utility.

13. Check the message content to the right of Step 1, "Preparing for upgrading the printer functions", turn on the printer power, and then click Next.

Note
    • If an error message is displayed, the possible causes are as follows:

• Cause (1): The USB cable is not connected
        Corrective action: Connect the USB cable, and start over from step 1.

• Cause (2): The downloaded file is for a different printer.
        Corrective action: Download the file for the printer to be , and start over from step 1.

14. At Step 2, check the printer’s (software) version. If the utility shows the Current software version to be 2.000 or later, the Start button will not be enabled and the printer’s does not need to be .

Printer name: Name of the printer connected to the computer.

Current software version: Software version of the connected printer.

Upgrade software version: Software version to which the printer is to be at this time.

If the printer’s does not need to be , click Cancel on the lower left corner and then click OK to cancel the .

16. If it is determined the is required, click Start on the Step 2 window.

Important
    • Do not turn off the printer or disconnect the USB cable until the is complete. Doing so may cause an error.

Note
    • If you are unable to click Start, the was attempted on a printer that does not require overwriting. Check the Current software version again.
      If it does not require the then cancel it.

• During the , the error lamp on the printer will flash orange.

17. When Step 3 , "Completing the upgrade process" content appears, check the message content, and click Quit.

18. To use the printer, unplug the power cord, reconnect it and turn the printer back on.

This completes the software . If you are using the printer with LAN connection, disconnect the USB cable first and then, connect the LAN cable.

Note
    • The procedure will create a new (additional) printer listing which has USB selected for the port. Since you will be printing wirelessly from the computer, it's best to delete this printer instance to avoid attempting to print to the wrong port. For help to delete the listing, click here.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements