cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF424dw Driver Problems under Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

platten
Apprentice

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 64-bit Pro version 19564 and cannot install the driver available on the website. The driver fails on the installation step once the options are selected:

Driver Error

The driver that I am trying to install is: MF429MFDriverV580W64usEN released on 07/04/19

Windows 10 is able to detect the printer (and printing works), but what I really need is the network scanning capability to be installed and to work.

Is there a new driver that will be cut to address this? Are there any workarounds to get network scanning working?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A MF driver specifically for scanning exists, but we don't know why the MF utility package fails to run on your device. There may be an underlying problem that needs to be addressed or resolved. 

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNTYyOTA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick,

I tried the utility you provided. While I see a product there, it does not seem to work when I try to scan. There was no network setup at any point which would point the driver to the IP address of the device.

scandriver.JPG

A screenshot from the Device Manager:

deviceTree.JPG

I would like to note that started off with just the Canon drivers, and recently ran the autodetection which added the Microsoft drivers/devices (WSD Print Provider, MF420 software devices, etc). The "Canon Generic Plus UFR II" device is the printer and it works great. No luck with anything scanner related.

Everything works like a charm on my Mac, and iPad though. So this is not a hardware or device config issue. 

Please help!

Bump

Hi platten.

From the symptoms the computer is showing, I expect that you would be better served by live support.  If you are located in the U.S., our phone-based support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.  If you are located outside of the U.S., you may find the correct branch using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius
Whiz

Hi platten.

If the driver package doesn't install correctly, try the individual driver installations.  If those also fail, make sure your firewall and/or antivirus are not blocking the driver installations. 

If your computer is running in S Mode, you'll need to either use the Windows-provided software or drivers, or disable S Mode in the Windows store to allow the drivers to install.  You may also need to enable installation of downloaded files in the Apps & Features list.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Darius,

I tried uninstalling everything, installing the drivers manually, but nothing seems to work. I even tried to directly install the *inf files, and then search for the MF424dw on the wired network, but that just gave me the printer to work with. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the standalone printer drivers. The problem is with network scanning.

No solution seems to work. Please provide dedicated network scanning drivers and a standalone setup utility which would work, or simply update the all-in-one driver package to have this work.

NOTE: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro build 19564 and the problem is still there. I tried all of my troubleshooting from scratch (reinstall, attempt to manual config, etc) to no avail.

Please help!

Announcements