cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad won't recognise Mg8250 as an air printer

johnip
Contributor

When I try to print wirelessly from iPad it comes back with the message "no air printer found" Is there something I need to do with the printer to make this happen.

I should probably first give a bit of background to my situation which may or may not be helpful, As well as the iPad i have a Windows 7 PC, which is wired both to the router and the printer, and a windows 8.1 laptop which has a wireless link to the same router.Wireless printing from the laptop is not a problem and works absolutely fine. Initially I thought this printer link was via the Homegroup which i had set up but, never really used apart from printing. But, following the re-install of Windows on the PC, I could not get Homegroup set up so currently neither laptop nor PC is a member of a homegroup but wireless printing from the laptop still works. So i have to conlude that the set-up is not (and probably never was) linked to Homegroups

The ipad is on the same wireless network as the laptop and the wired PC

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The printing is now working fine without me doing anything. Maybe I had just not given sufficient time for the printer come alive for air printing - this possibly takes longer than for my more usual wireless printing from the laptop.

Sorry for raising what turned out to be a non-existent problem but thanks, John, for your perfectly sensible suggestion even though this time it turned out not to be the answer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have this firmware update?

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John. thanks for getting back.

I did try that download which appears to update in 3 steps. Step 1 was fine but nothing happened in step 2 and the Start key was greyed out, the only options being Cancel or Back. On looking at the info in step 2 a little closer I saw that the download was version 3.02 and that my current version was 3.03 which was presumably why the installation process was refusing to go any further.

Any other ideas?

The printing is now working fine without me doing anything. Maybe I had just not given sufficient time for the printer come alive for air printing - this possibly takes longer than for my more usual wireless printing from the laptop.

Sorry for raising what turned out to be a non-existent problem but thanks, John, for your perfectly sensible suggestion even though this time it turned out not to be the answer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements