cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad PRINT Business and MF6540

FrankNatoli
Apprentice

It appears the supported printer list for iPad PRINT Business does not include the venerable MF6540.

Is that correct?

Is there any way for an iPad or iPhone to print to an MF6540?

I am a Droid guy but my wife is an Apple gal and I'm trying to please her.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi FrankNatoli.

I apologize for the mistake in my previous response; I misread the specifications.  It does feature an Ethernet connection.  It does, however, lack the components required for the Canon PRINT Business app's operation.  The MF6540 was initially released in 2008, and was out of production before the app's development.  Newer models are required to take advantage of the PRINT Business app.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi FrankNatoli.

The MF6540 is an older model, designed for direct USB connection, or USB connection to a print server or network server.  As both an older model and a USB-only model, it does not support use with wireless devices.  While an android phone or tablet could use the MF6540 as a Classic Printer (through a compatible Windows or Mac OS computer), any solutions to use it with iOS would be unsupported workarounds.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius:

Yes, you're right, MF6540 is an older model, kind of like I am an older model.

But it has an Ethernet interface, along with a USB interface, and my MF6540 has acquired IP address 192.168.0.122 from my router but Canon Print Business refuses to recognize it.

Having been in the systems software business for over half a century, I understand this is a business decision on the part of Canon.

Canon will not put the effort into making Canon Print Business compatible with MF6540.

Alas and thank you.

Hi FrankNatoli.

I apologize for the mistake in my previous response; I misread the specifications.  It does feature an Ethernet connection.  It does, however, lack the components required for the Canon PRINT Business app's operation.  The MF6540 was initially released in 2008, and was out of production before the app's development.  Newer models are required to take advantage of the PRINT Business app.

Announcements