cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP8720 - USB wired and wifi at same time?

gastan
Contributor

I have looked for an answer to this but have not found one I actually understand.  Can an iP87290 be used as a wired printer and a wifi printer concurently?

I set it up as a USB wired printer to the desktop a year ago.  Working fine.  Now my wife wants to know if she can print to it from her laptop.  I have wifi set up in the house and she often connects from the living room .... as do I from my android tablet. What we have been doing when she wants to print something is to transfer it to a SD card, then put the SD card into the desktop and printing from it.  Getting old.  It would be much better if she could just walk into the "office" and turn the printer on and print directly from her laptop.  I would like to keep the printer wired to the desktop also.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gastan,

You can connect your PIXMA iP8720 to one computer with a USB cable and also use it wirelessly with other computers and wireless devices at the same time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gastan,

You can connect your PIXMA iP8720 to one computer with a USB cable and also use it wirelessly with other computers and wireless devices at the same time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Patrick.  I am guessing that I just run the Canon setup on my wife's laptop and choose the wifi option ... correct?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements