cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I find the connection code for AirPrint using an MF8300C?

hireeditdude
Apprentice

Trying to "Add Device" on an Apple iPad for an MF8300C. The window is prompting me for a "Connection Code" and a "Security Code." Where do I find these items?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is it a wifi AirPrint compatible printer?  AirPrint doesn't ask for any connection codes. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon's site says it is.

In order to use AirPrint the printer and the iPad need to be connected to the same wireless network.

If this is the case then the iPad finds the printer and you just select it. I don't get asked for any codes when I print. It must be something specific to your situation.

Is this an office printer? Do you have passwords for sharing the printer? Do you computers print over wifi.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Dude,

Thanks for the effort, but you're not helping.

Yes, everything is on the same (and only) wireless network. No, printer sharing is not password protected. No, this is not an "office," or shared printer. Yes, the computer prints through the network.

These are all basic issues which I have checked, and checked again. I'm coming to the forum, because the usual "suspect" issues aren't the problem. I'm hoping to catch the attention of a heavy duty iOS 9.2 user with a similar experience.

Well then, I'll just step aside and let all the other people who are trying to help you chime in. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements