cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device not found to download driver

annaj
Apprentice

Color Image MF 731c/733c shows that it is connected to the ,wifi (password accepted and wifi symbol on) however, when trying to download MF drivers, device is not dectected.  turned on and off multiple times, re-booted computer multiple times and computer can  never find the device, therefore installation of device is always incomplete.  Any sugguestions as to how to fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Assuming you are using windows OS.  The ability to download drivers for a device does not hinge on it being detected. Click this link and select your OS, you will be presented with a download.

If what you actually mean is the printer is not found when you try to install the driver for it, then do the following:

-Log into the router and confirm the printer's IP address, subnet mask and gateway

-Ping it from a command prompt

-Ensure windows FW is not blocking the printer's ability to communicate with the network (this might be related to anti-virus software if installed).

If you cannot do these things:

-Printer or computer is not connected to the Wi-fi

-One of the devices does not share the same network settings

-Printer is is being blocked by FW or other software

The installation software allows you to specifiy the IP address of the printer if it is not automatically detected.  You can confirm this by looking at the connected devices on your router.  

Helpful Video / Wireless

On Line Manual

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am also trying to find the driver for this printer and wasted three hours of my life looking around Canon's website -- all the links I go to take me to the main page.  I click "drivers and software" it takes me to the main page... I search and find the name of my printer -- it gives me all the details but the info i need.   I need the driver, where is the driver?  Why is it so hard to find a driver for this printer?  why is it so hard to do ANYTHING with this printer.  honestly, i am very disappointed that i bought it and wish i could return it but of course Office Depot won't take it back.  what a waste of time.

Hi, cminoiu!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please feel free to call our friendly US-based team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET).

Drivers and software can be found on our website at  http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Announcements