cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer won't recognize MX870 as a printer/scanner, only as a fax

JH76
Apprentice

We have 2 computers on our home network; both laptops running windows 10.  One computer recognizes and works with the MX870 printer, and one only sees it as a fax.  I have uninstalled the "fax" device from the computer and tried to reinstall, but it will only install it as a fax and still won't recognize it as a printer/scanner.  I have rebooted the router, and the printer; turned off the antivirus, but nothing changes the problem. This computer used to be able to connect and print with this printer. We don't know what changed.  One thing we have also noticed, and it has been an issue for a long time, is we have to re-set the printer connection to the wifi almost daily. It didn't start out this way and I don't know why it continually drops this connection.

3 REPLIES 3

JH76
Apprentice

I also tried downloading drivers, and it says the download was successful, but I got a message saying there were no "MP drivers" on this computer and that I needed to download them....How do I do that?

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JH76,

Did you download the MX870 series MP Driver Ver.1.06?

We look forward to your reply.

I did download the mp driver you suggested.  It would not install because the computer could not find the printer on the network.

Announcements