cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer says printer is off line and though printer is on, wants me to turn it on?

awsgolf
Apprentice

How to turn on printer that computer and troubleshoot says is offline. Have tried everything I know and have read.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, awsgolf!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using, and which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

harmonjmo
Apprentice

I have the same problem. Pixma MX922. help!

Hi harmonjmo,

If you are connecting wirelessly, let's start by reconnecting to the wireless network using the steps HERE.  If you are connecting with USB, disconnect the USB cable from both ends.  Reconnect the USB cable to the printer first, then use a different USB port on the computer, if one is available.  If you are using a USB hub, bypass the hub, and plug the cable directly into the computer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements