cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mx922 ipv6 not working

GaltBarber
Apprentice

I was very happy to see that Canon mx922 immediately got an IPv6 address as soon as it saw the first router advertisement from my Linux server.  And I can ping it via ipv4 or ipv6 just fine, the IP addresses that it configured automatically work great over the wireless.  BUT until I disabled ipv6 in the settings, I was plagued by problems printing. Please fix this. I need to use IPV6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi, GaltBarber.

While the MX922 is capable of receiving and holding an IPv6 address, it still requires IPv4 to function over a network.  The past several generations of Canon wired LAN and WIFi printers included the capability to maintain IPv6 addresses in preparation for long-expected switch to overall IPv6 adoption.  Due to lack of sufficient interest, IPv6 support has not yet, at the time of this posting, been implemented in our PIXMA and MAXIFY line of printers.

IPv6 is supported on some of our newer imageCLASS printers and multifunctions.  Those supporting it will indicate "IPv6" in the Network Management section of their listed specifications.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi, GaltBarber.

While the MX922 is capable of receiving and holding an IPv6 address, it still requires IPv4 to function over a network.  The past several generations of Canon wired LAN and WIFi printers included the capability to maintain IPv6 addresses in preparation for long-expected switch to overall IPv6 adoption.  Due to lack of sufficient interest, IPv6 support has not yet, at the time of this posting, been implemented in our PIXMA and MAXIFY line of printers.

IPv6 is supported on some of our newer imageCLASS printers and multifunctions.  Those supporting it will indicate "IPv6" in the Network Management section of their listed specifications.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements