cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot install TS3122

PatriciaWhite
Apprentice

I bought a new printer on black friday. Its the TS3122. I cannot for the life of me install it. It keeps saying printer cannot be found. I can't use the installation disc because I don't have a disc drive. Help?

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PatriciaWhite,

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

Are you using your PIXMA TS3122 with a USB cable or are you using it wirelessly?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sometimes we don't require immediate help, but I do not see any responses since November of last year.

Is there a way to set the IP and network settings of this printer.  The user friendly interface is not!

Hello, RCS!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country or region.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am in the USA.

I would like to tell you how the printer is connected, but that is the problem.  It will not connect to my WIFI network and there is NO option to set the IP in the printer so that it will connect to the WIFI.  If I print the configuration of the printer it has some default IP that does not match my network with, again, no way to set it.  The only access I have is through the USB cable which limits access to other devices and, again, does NOT give me access to settings on the printer.

User-friendly goes so far and then crashes, and burns, which is what this printer may do in the near future.  This is not my only printer, but it does fill another need.  If this is what I can expect from Canon, I will go back to Brother, or HP, at least those can be set to MY needs, not some programmer who doesn;t have a clue of the real world.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RCS,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

You can also click HERE to open the support page for you printer and contact our live chat support team.

I have windows 10 and am trying to install my ts3122 to a Netgear hotspot from AT&T, as soon as the disc get to the part where its suppose to locate the printer i'm stopped by the fact the printer has an x next to the wifi symbol on the printer. Is there anything I can do to the printer to make it find the hotspots wifi?

Thank you

SneaksCarbs
Apprentice
Dear God. I'm seriously going to have to TO SPEAK to tech support? Yikes. Really?

It's rather gouge my eyes out with a qtip.

If you are lucky, you may actually get someone in the US. I have avoided same and the printer just sits there looking 'pretty.'

Canon USA support is 100% in the USA. If you ever speak with someone outside of the USA, you're not speaking with Canon. 

You can learn a little bit about Canon Support HERE. While this page focuses on camera support, our printer support group is a few rows down from our camera support group. We're all in the same large office space. The people in the photo are actual phone support agents in our Chesapeake, Virginia office. 

The only phone numbers to support are 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) and 1-800-828-4040. Support for printers have changed recently, and you'll need to ensure your printer is registered to your MyCanon Account prior to contacting support. You can do that HERE

Announcements