cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can print from new MX922 over wireless network but cannot scan to iMac OSX10.6.

ebenecke
Contributor

New MX922, printing over wireless network from 2 computer but cannot scan.  The screen on the printer shows send to "PC Local USB" How do I change that to the wireless network?

5 REPLIES 5

ebenecke
Contributor

It's not and never has been connected to the computer by a USB cable.

From the computer message:  Cannot communicate with scanner.  Scanner may be turned off or USB not connected.

Ramona
Authority

Hi ebenecke,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX running on your Mac in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure it is running, please go to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.  More information on scanning wirelessly can be found here.

Should you still experience difficulty scanning wirelessly, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had discovered the app and I can now scan if I initiate the program from the computer and the app.  However, I cannot scan when I try to initiate the action from the printer/scanner.  Would like the convenience of putting the document or photo on the scanner and pressing the scan function on the printer.  When I do it this was, the screen shows:  Scan to PC via USB and there is no way to change that to wireless.  The printer has never been hooked up to the computer by USB, I can  print wirelessly, but again, that action is initiated from the computer. 

Hi ebenecke,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs on your computer, you will want to ensure that ports that are used by the printer are not blocked by these programs to ensure communication between the devices can occur properly.  For a listing of ports that are used by the printer and its programs, please click here.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements