Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not get DHCP IP from wireless router for cannon imageclass laser printer

bigfatter
Apprentice

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have used this machine for more than 2 years. From some times ago,

I found the printer could not get IP from my wireless router. the following is what I have done and questions

1. at the beginning, when I found this machine can not get IP (mine is 10.0.0.#), the machine default is 169.254.1.0

I forced the machine to reset, after resetting , it could get IP from my router.

2. but after getting IP from above 1, once the machine gets idle and gets to energy save mode.   when I start printing again, I found that IP , got from my router , get back to the machine default 169.254.1.0

3. after I reset a couple of times, still could not get IP from the router.

4. I went to the machine manual and try to set wired connection with DHCP enable, 

still not work

5. I reset the router , the printer still could not get IP

at the begining, reseting the machine sometimes, works, after a while, resetting does not work at all

my questions are

6. my printer now basic could not get IP from the  router. how could I set the printer back to manufacture default?

(other PCs have no problems to get IP from the router, it means that the router works fine)

7. do you have any idea to help me. 

thanks

rose

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Rose.

I will be glad to assist you. So that I can best assist you, what is the model number of your imageCLASS printer?

If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements