cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not connect to wifi

dr39931
Apprentice

having trouble connecting to wifi, it either times out or can not find connection. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have a Pixma MX472 printer purchased in April 2014 , I use a Macbook Air and AT&T Uverse. I moved in May and have not been able to connect to my new WIFI. It times out everytime I try to connect. I have had a few tech pros visit and they do not have any success. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi dr39931!

In order to provide you with the proper steps, please let everyone know what model printer you have, and what version OS (Mac 10.X, Windows __ etc.) you are running on your machine. This way, the community will be able to assist you with a workflow appropriate for your computer/device.

Thanks!

I have a Pixma MX472 printer purchased in April 2014 , I use a Macbook Air and AT&T Uverse. I moved in May and have not been able to connect to my new WIFI. It times out everytime I try to connect. I have had a few tech pros visit and they do not have any success. 

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dr39931,

Reinstalling the PIXMA MX472 should resolve this issue.  Please follow these instructions to uninstall, download and reinstall the drivers:

1. Open the hard drive (Macintosh HD).

2. Open the 'Library' folder.

3. Open the 'Printers' folder.

4. Open the 'Canon' folder.

5. Send the 'BJ Printer' folder to the trash.

6. Return to the 'Library' folder.

7. Open the 'Receipts' folder.

8. Locate any items related to your printer and send them to the trash.  However, leave the 'Canon Printer Drivers.pkg' file in the folder.

9. Return to the 'Library' folder.

10. Open 'Image Capture'.

11. Open the 'Twain Data Sources' folder.

12. Send any Canon files related to your printer to the trash.

13. Restart your computer.

14. Empty the trash.

Please follow these steps to download the software to begin installation:

1.  Visit Canon's website at:    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type PIXMA MX472 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Under Recommended For You, please click on the MX470 series Full Driver & Software Package.

5.  If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6.  Click the Download button.

7.  When the Save As box comes up, click Save.

8.  Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

9.  Double click [mac-mx470-1_0-mcd.dmg] to begin installation of the drivers.

Follow the prompts and installation will complete.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrick, thank you. Prior to your reply I removed the printer software and downloaded new on line. I had to stumble through 2 of steps and did on line research for answers . 1: instructions requested a pass code and did I not understand, found information that this code is my ATT wifi access code. 2. Spent time learning how to convert letters to numbers and this is accomplished by pressing the * key. Perhaps a few more details on the instructions could have saved time.
Announcements