08-02-2014 10:35 AM
In order to provide you with the proper steps, please let everyone know what model printer you have, and what version OS (Mac 10.X, Windows __ etc.) you are running on your machine. This way, the community will be able to assist you with a workflow appropriate for your computer/device.
08-02-2014 11:17 AM
I have a Pixma MX472 printer purchased in April 2014 , I use a Macbook Air and AT&T Uverse. I moved in May and have not been able to connect to my new WIFI. It times out everytime I try to connect. I have had a few tech pros visit and they do not have any success.
08-05-2014 04:36 AM
Reinstalling the PIXMA MX472 should resolve this issue. Please follow these instructions to uninstall, download and reinstall the drivers:
1. Open the hard drive (Macintosh HD).
2. Open the 'Library' folder.
3. Open the 'Printers' folder.
4. Open the 'Canon' folder.
5. Send the 'BJ Printer' folder to the trash.
6. Return to the 'Library' folder.
7. Open the 'Receipts' folder.
8. Locate any items related to your printer and send them to the trash. However, leave the 'Canon Printer Drivers.pkg' file in the folder.
9. Return to the 'Library' folder.
10. Open 'Image Capture'.
11. Open the 'Twain Data Sources' folder.
12. Send any Canon files related to your printer to the trash.
13. Restart your computer.
14. Empty the trash.
Please follow these steps to download the software to begin installation:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
2. Type PIXMA MX472 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Under Recommended For You, please click on the MX470 series Full Driver & Software Package.
5. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
6. Click the Download button.
7. When the Save As box comes up, click Save.
8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
9. Double click [mac-mx470-1_0-mcd.dmg] to begin installation of the drivers.
Follow the prompts and installation will complete.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
08-05-2014 09:51 AM