cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another computer is using the printer. no other computer....help

traveltwo
Apprentice

I am using a HP laptop.  Just upgraded to windows 8.1.  Now I get this message 'another computer is using the printer'  I have a PIXMA MG5420.  I am connected wireless.  Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ramona
Authority

Hi traveltwo,

Reinstalling the printer drivers on your computer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  Before reinstalling, please restart your computer and the printer.  Once restarted, please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG5420.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the MINI MASTER SETUP file, please double-click on it to reinstall the drivers on your computer.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Michael, I followed your instructions and the printer is now working.  Thank you so much for your help

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

Thank you SO much, Crested Grebe!   Terrific to get this solved, so helpful!  This has been a bane for me in using my Canon Pixma, as we have three in my household using the printer.  Canon, why don't you send out a patch to fix this problem?

I just went through the hassle of joining the Canon community, password, user name, ......

just to be able to send you this quick note:

THANK YOU!!!! IT WORKED.

Simple to do and worked like a charm.  Thanks.

Thank you so much, your solution works in 2020. I am running on an HP Desktop, Windows 10, Canon MG Pixma 3650.

You're a genius!!! Crested_Glebe!

Somaraicila
Apprentice
I created an account as well just to let Crested_Grebe know how thankful I am to have found their solution! I have tried everything and this seemed to do the trick in 10 seconds!! Thank you so much!

Canonman2
Apprentice

I had the same problem. Go to Canon and download new drivers.   Works like a dream now.  Don't know why Canon does not notif users,  if not automatically download updates.

Announcements