01-24-2017 12:24 AM
We have a Cannon PIXMA MX452 & the followng Verizon Androids: LG G4 & Samsung Galaxy S5. We would like to print wirelessly from these devices. You have 2 Android apps called CANON PRINT INKJET/SELFY & CANON PRINT SERVICE.
Both list the MX450 as one of the supported printer models, but doesn't specifically list the MX452, however I'm assuming will work for the MX452.
My question is are:
1) CANON PRINT INKJET/SELFY app asks to either scan the barcode, or to input the printer's "connection code" & "security code". The very tiny barcode (approx 1/4" x 1") on the bottom of the computer does not scan, nor do I see any information about the CONNECTION/SECURITY CODES.
Please tell me what these codes are so I can enable the app.
2) CANON PRINT SERVICE app asked found my network wifi, and wanted the IP address. I exited the app to look that up, but now it says nothing about the IP address. What do I do next?
01-24-2017 12:24 PM
The PIXMA MX452 is compatible with the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
To install the app, please visit Google Play Store on the device that you wish to print and scan from or you can use a web browser to visit this page directly:
01-31-2017 01:37 AM
Thank you for this reply, however still having trouble. The "print selphy app" does show my printer, however, I get an error message dialogue box "print status, cannot communicate with the printer".
I've verified the NFC, cloud print, & Canon Print Utility are all on.
I'm running Android 6. Is there something else I need to do, or enable, or additional app needed?
[I also have the Canon Print & Share app that says it's compatible with the Pixma MX452, however, it wants to me scan a bar code (there's only a tiny one on the bottom of printer that it won't pick up) or to enter the code (ip address). If I input an IP address, would it be the printer's IP address, or that of the router (there's also a network extender for cell phone service, but assuming that's irrelelvant??).]
Please help! And thanks again!!!
01-31-2017 08:57 AM
Please try these steps:
1. Press the <SETUP> button on your PIXMA MX452.
2. Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.
3. Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.
4. Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.
6. Enter your wireless network password and press <OK>. Please verify this password, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate. To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.
7. Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX452 will search for the access point.
8. When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.
Once your PIXMA MX452 is reconnected to your wireless network, please open the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
Are you able to use your PIXMA MX452 with that app?
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: