cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless network doesn't recognize PIXMA mx870 in Win 10. Cant reinstall printer on network

jackchow
Apprentice

I am at a loss.  Took the latest update of WIN 10 then suddenly lost ability to print to PIXMA mx870 which I know is on the network...I can't even see it anymore to reinstall...

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that your computer is on the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.  Then try using our latest drivers.

Visit www.usa.canon.com/support to access the downloads for your printer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Fixed it myself. I reinstalled the printer on the access point and bounced the router.  Suddenly the printer was available.  For some reason, even though I had reinstalled the printer on the network, the network would not "see it" until the network router was bounced (unplugged from the power for 10 seconds and then plugged back into the router.)

CMX
Apprentice

I've tried it all. Every suggestion in this forum and others. I try about once a month, but for a year and a half, I can't get the MX870 to work with wifi. Printer says it's connected, router says it's connected. Tried reinstalling driver and it can't detect it no matter what the combination of settings on the printer, router and computer.

Announcements