cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless network doesn't recognize PIXMA 990

NanBR
Contributor

I am ready to rip my hair out. I have never been able to get my household wireless system to recognize the printer. It is located right under the router, and finds the router and verifies the password during set up. But none of the computers in the house can "find" it. I have reinstalled the program three times, and have spent hours each time I get up the strength to try fixing it again. It prints fine from the wired connection to the PC hard wired to the router. I have read every piece of troubleshooting in the manual. Can anyone help???

13 REPLIES 13

Hi NanBR,

I apologize for the delay in response.  Since we haven't had any luck in getting this resolved in a timely manner, I would recommend using the Contact Us who can get this resolved more quickly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I finally tossed my PIXMA 990 and replaced it with an HP Office Pro 6830. It is great!!

I have also been struggling with the MP990 and will offer what worked for me.

1. Uninstall anything associated with the MP990 shown in the Add/Remove programs.

2. Delete any Canon MP990 files in Program Files.

3. Disconnect the network cable from the printer so that it will connect through a WiFi connection

4. re-boot computer and power off and on the printer

5. Run the MP990 setup disk that came with the printer and select  "Easy Install". I tried "Custom Install" so I could put the MP990 software on my "D" partition but some features (Scan) did not work when I tried that. "Easy Install" puts everything on the "C" partition

My guess is that you have to get the MP990 working on a WiFI on your first computer before you can get it to work on any of the other computers on your network. I suspect (and it is just a guess) that when you set up the first computer with a wired connection to the LAN, the MP990 software may be assuming that all other computers will be using a wired connection. I have 2 XP desktops, 1 Win7 desktop and 1 Win7 laptop all using the WiFi connection of the MP990.

For the amount of views topics such as this have no one has ever seemed to come up with a good solution to this problem.? Or am I wrong.

So much for Wi-Fi compatible devices/printers. (At least for most of us)

Announcements