cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 will not stay connected to Canon MX340 wireless

d503364
Contributor

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8 64 bit. I am able to successfully install, make a connection to my MX340, and print a test page. 

Any time there after though when I try to print Windows says the printer is offline even though the printer is on.

I have gone through this process several times and each time it happens the same (definition of insanity, right?).

Anyone else having this same experience with Windows 8?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

6 REPLIES 6

d503364
Contributor

After searching the forum for Windows 8 seems it is a common problem trying to use the Canon printers wirelessly.

I found this thread and I am going to try the suggestion of manually adding the printer to Win 8 using the ip address.

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/Why-won-t-my-Pixma-MX410-work-wirelessly-Blue-lig...

Hopefully this fixes my problem

btw, the printer works fine for me in Windows 7.

Well, I tried following these instructions, but no success yet.

Go into your printer and print out your Network Configuration, then use windows 8 to connect to it by IP address manually (DO NOT use the cannon software if running windows 8!!!) In windows 8 go to add a printer and after it doesnt detect it, you will then be able to add by name/ IP or manually. I select IP and set mine up within 1 minute.

When I went to "add a printer" windows detected my printer so I don't know if that changed things.

Update: I have gone through the steps of adding my MX340 as a tcp/ip printer but still no success.

At this point, I am ready to toss Windows 8, my MX340, or both out my window.

Win 8 connects but just will not print. The request from Win 8 just goes into the bit bucket never to be seen again.

Hi d503364!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello d503364,

Did you install the printer driver using the CD or download the driver from our Website?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have only used the drivers provided in Windows 8 to install my Canon MX340 printer to be able to print wirelessly.

My understanding was that was what Canon said I am supposed to use.

Are there Canon MX340 printer drivers I can install that may resolve this issue?

By the way, the printer works whenever I connect via the usb cable.

Thank you for your continued support.

Tim

Announcements