cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Pro laptops cannot print via network to MF8350cdn

Tropolis_Group
Apprentice

Hi:

I have a Canon MF8350cdn on a Workgroup network.  The Windows 7 machines print to it without any problems.  The Windows 10 laptops send the job to the queue then the job just disappears from the queue as if it printed but it did not.  I've already tried uninstalling the Canon s/w and cfg. the printer using TCP/IP port, but still doesn't work.  I've tried turning of the Windows Firewall, but still doesn't work.  If I connect the laptops directly via USB cable they print.

Thanks for any insights!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bob,

Still looking into this issue.  Please ensure you have post script driver selected for the printer.  Windows 10 often sends in XPS which is sometimes not supported.

Also can you verify what port the printer is using in W7 and then compare to W10.  And, do the W10 PC have any 3rd party software installed that might affect printing?  What program are the users trying to print documents from? Or are all apps affaected?

I've seen this behavior with W10 previously.  In one instance it was due to docs being sent and not being processed as post script.  Once we changed the driver, everything started printing.

In the other situation, the print spooler would crash (transparently) giving the appearance that a doc was sent and received, but then disappear from the print queue. In this case, a 3rd party app was crashing the spooler service.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Hi Rick:

Changing the driver worked.  I couldn't find a postscript driver for this printer but I changed it from one UFRII to another UFRII driver and it started printing.

Thank you!

Bob H.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try this on one of the W10 PC's.

Start menu > Printers & Scanners (settings).

Uncheck > Let windows manage my default printer.  Now click the MF8350

Press the manage button, now select "Set As Default", then close

Test printing.  Report those results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadowsports:

Didn't work.

Thanks,

Bob H. 

Bob,

Still looking into this issue.  Please ensure you have post script driver selected for the printer.  Windows 10 often sends in XPS which is sometimes not supported.

Also can you verify what port the printer is using in W7 and then compare to W10.  And, do the W10 PC have any 3rd party software installed that might affect printing?  What program are the users trying to print documents from? Or are all apps affaected?

I've seen this behavior with W10 previously.  In one instance it was due to docs being sent and not being processed as post script.  Once we changed the driver, everything started printing.

In the other situation, the print spooler would crash (transparently) giving the appearance that a doc was sent and received, but then disappear from the print queue. In this case, a 3rd party app was crashing the spooler service.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick:

Changing the driver worked.  I couldn't find a postscript driver for this printer but I changed it from one UFRII to another UFRII driver and it started printing.

Thank you!

Bob H.

Bob,

Happy to hear of your success!!  Glad I could help.

Cheers,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

James_C

Hi Tropolis_Group 

Based on the specfic issue, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements