cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 April's update MX520

radpilot
Apprentice

After updating to new Win 10 April's update I could not print wirelessly. I uninstalled drivers and network tool and downloaded win 10 drivers from Canon. During installation I can't detect my printer on the network although the printer is connected in the same network as the laptops. I can only print through usb. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi radpilot,

Let's start by checking the printer's connection to the wireless network.

Make sure that the machine is turned on. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

1.  Press the MENU button.

2.  Select   Setup

3.  Select   Device settings, then press the OK button.

4.  Use the UPDOWN button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

5.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Confirm LAN settings, then press the OK button.

6.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Print LAN details, then press the OK button to confirm the selection.
7.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Yes, then press the OK button to start printing.

Much of the information will not be relevant, but the important things to look at are:

1. Is the connection active or inactive?

2. Does the SSID (network name) match the one the computer uses?

3. What is the signal strength?

4. What is the IPv4 IP address?

I look forward to your reply.

Hello and thanks for your interest.

I printed the page you requested :

1. Active

2. Yes it does.

3. 59%

4. 192.168.2.59

Update.
I turned off and on the router. This time I connected the printer to the router through WPS. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware of the printer. I deleted all Canon drivers and apps. When I reinstalled the drivers the printer could be seen in the drivers setup .
So far so good. I can print wirelessly again.
Thanks
Announcements