cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get my MG3100 to wireless print??

Frustrated1
Apprentice

have done the initial setup with the CD-ROM and USB cable...even tried the configuration tab...what is going wrong? It prints fine when connected withe the USB!

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi Frustrated1! So that our Community can better assist, it will be helpful to know what Computer Operating system you're using, any error messages you've gotten, and any other information you think might be helpful can't hurt!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7. When trying to print error message: 'The printer is offline. Check that the printer cable is connected and the  printer power is on.' I have attempted to configure the settings. The wireless lamp indicator is on....

Any suggestions?

Hello.

Based on your descriptions, the USB installation was performed rather than the Wi-Fi installation.   The unit will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled in order to switch.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG3100/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if it is listed.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, insert the MG3100 Series CD into your computer and perform the installation.  Make sure that the wireless or Wi-Fi option is selected during the setup rather than the USB option.  You may also have to temporarily connect the printer to the computer via USB at one point of the Wi-Fi setup, but you will be prompted to disconnect the USB cable at one point of this process as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements