cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the WPS button, and where do I find it??????

pboelkow
Contributor

A guest set up their computer and printer to mine today as a guest.   My wireless printer now will not work for me.    In trying to reinstall the printer, I came across the message,... press and hold the WPS button for 5 seconds......I cannot find that button.  I know I set this darn thing up before, but I can't for the life of me find it now.   Please help

7 REPLIES 7

jfo
Rising Star
Rising Star

pboelkow, what printer model are you referring to?

mx530

Hello.

The WPS button is on your router and not on the printer.  If your router does not have a clearly labeled WPS button, try the following steps to connect the MG5420 to your network:

1.  Go to the Home menu or press the Home button.

2.  Use the arrow keys until Wireless LAN Setup appears and select this option.

3.  If a 'WPS' prompt appears, press STOP.

4.  Select the Standard Setup option.

Once there, follow the remaining prompts to connect the printer to your network.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello majair. Try this:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Tutorial/MX530%20series/EN/TRL/trl-0003.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Crista
Whiz

Hello pboelkow!  In order for the community to better assist you, we’ll need to know the model of the printer you are using.  This will ensure the most accurate information is provided.  Thank you and have a great day!

trendsetter
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG5400. I am trying to set up my multifunction printer. I am getting an error message stating, "Redo the wireless LAN setup in which you press and hold the WPS button." Where is the WPS button located on this machine? I will call Canon in the morning. Please someone respond. Thanks.

As I stated, I have a PIXMA MG5400 Canon printer, scanner, etc. This Canon product did not have a booklet of instructions, phone numbers, or anything that references issues or problems a consumer can have with installing their product. This product is supposed to be wireless, yet it seems Canon wants you to "hardwire" activation. I have an ASUS laptop computer with Windows 8.1 on it. My computer does take a DVD. Therefore, I have to seek a driver from Canon's website. I am trying to download a driver for it. When I went to the Canon website and chose a driver. When I attempted to download the driver, I received an error message telling me the driver was outdated. It gave me a list of other drivers to download. When I tried to download the drivers or fix the problem, it ask to activate my account by putting in a license number. It said I should have received a license number by email. I bought this Canon printer at Sam's Club. I did not get a license number, nor did I give my email address to anyone to send me a license number. How do I get a license number? Is there a Canon representative I can talk too? Please assist. I need access to my product. Thanks.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements